Air Source Heating can provide several benefits for those looking to reduce their energy bills, carbon footprint, and reliance on traditional power sources.
Air source heating is a renewable and energy-efficient technology used for heating and cooling residential and commercial buildings. It operates on the principle of transferring heat from the outside air into a building’s interior.
How it works
- Outdoor Unit (Heat Pump): This unit extracts heat from the outdoor air, even in cold temperatures, using a refrigerant. It contains a compressor, condenser, and evaporator coil.
- Indoor Unit: This is responsible for distributing the heat generated by the outdoor unit throughout the building. It typically includes a fan or blower and a network of ducts or a hydronic system.
- Air-to-Air Heat Pumps: These systems transfer heat from the outdoor air to the indoor air. They are most commonly used for space heating and cooling.
- Air-to-Water Heat Pumps: These systems transfer heat from the outdoor air to a water-based central heating system. They are ideal for providing both space heating and domestic hot water. This makes them far more efficient.
- Energy Efficiency: Air source heat pumps are highly efficient, especially when compared to traditional heating systems like electric resistance heaters or oil furnaces. They can provide 1.5 to 3 times more heating energy than the electrical energy they consume.
- Lower Operating Costs: These amazing systems can significantly reduce your heating and cooling bills.
Incentives and Rebates:
Many governments and utility companies offer incentives and rebates to encourage the adoption of air source heat pumps due to their energy efficiency and environmental benefits. Be sure to research available programs in your area to offset the initial cost of installation.
Air source heating is a sustainable and efficient heating and cooling solution that can enhance comfort, reduce energy bills, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
Get in touch
Want us to to drop you an email? Please complete the form and we will contact you as soon possible: